Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Fat Tuesday in Weho... Reporting Live From My Bed

I love West Hollywood. I love the holidays. I love how into everything this city gets, because this is the city to have a good time. To me, West Hollywood is more than Vegas, more than Times Square on New Years Eve. It is your neighborhood bar and restaurant and park and community with a ton of glitter and sunshine, even at 11pm. This city is just aglow, day or night, with everyone's welcome, and no one's permission.

That's why I am spending Mardi Gras in bed. 

Specifically, this evening I made a gumbo-inspired salad for dinner, watched BravoTV for all of five minutes, then took a nap before taking my dog for a walk before my real bedtime, which will be in about ten minutes. Laissez les bon temps rouler, indeed.

This past holiday weekend, I went out to drink a few times (something that I plan on scaling back on in the next month or so, but I digress) -- to two familiar but innovative mixology bars and one good old neighborhood bar. I also went out for noms a couple of times. I went out and watched people dance, couldn't hear my friends talk, then did it all over again. Did se shopping, did some gawking. Point being that, although I have yet to go out for Mardi Gras in this city -- this city that I love almost too much -- there is rarely sn excuse not to go out any other night at the drop of a hat. The welcoming vibe that comes with the party aspect of this city has yet to go anywhere.

Which is why making friendly with yoga pants and a sweatshirt, welcome silence and my pillow, was preferred. Thankfully, the awesomeness that so thoroughly embodies this town will stay put for a long, long time, highly independent of the here and now.

What did you do for Mardi Gras? How many strands of beads did you earn?  Please share any favorite traditions in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment