Thursday, February 19, 2015

Thing I've Learned Thursdays: Cartier Champagne

Welcome to Things I've Learned Thursday! A to-be weekly feature highlighting anything and everything, from silly to practical, to commonplace and extraneous, but always, always fabulous.

Last night, in conversation, I learned about Cartier champagne. I didn't even know that Cartier made champagne, but having recently found out that Fendi made furniture, it doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibility. 

What I enjoyed about it is the glass it comes in -- it actually resembles generations-old crystal. My friend (who was gifted this experience by his writing partner of inherited wealth and prestige) said it made him more tipsy than most other champagne from the actual district of Champagne, France. I wonder if there are ground diamonds in it?

I did some digging and it appears that this cuvee champagne brut is not available to the general public, so there is no dollar amount to pin on this baby. It is usually gifted or available at Cartier events, this one in particular appearing to be a promotional anniversary libation. Some sellers, however, are taking bids for this on eBay, but it seems a little underhanded on account of it being a relative freebie, but if someone will buy it, I guess they can't be blamed for trying.

I'll bet it tastes like .... well, like everything Tiffany & Co. doesn't taste like. Whatever that amounts to.

Would you try designer champagne? What's the neatest thing you've gotten for free lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment