Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Weekend Weho Roundup: Birthday Edition

This weekend was birthday weekend, the big Dirty 30, which means that I spent a lot of money, but you know something - there is a reason we all work, and part of that (I hope) is to have quite a bit of fun.

Bugatta Supper Club
I took Friday (my actual birthday) to myself; found myself a little caught up in work but headed to Century Day & Night Spa for a an amazingly relaxing time (my first time being in a mist sauna - fab). That evening I ended up in DTLA saying farewell to a good friend over glasses of wine at The Must. Excellent selection and ambiance.

Saturday night was birthday party time at  Bugatta on Melrose - what I love about this bar restaurant is that it is in between "the island" of Weho and the mainland Hollywood, a nice middle ground and not too out of the way when it comes to lounging.

Sunday brunch at Marcos again, which is a personal Top Five location for bottomless mimosas in WeHo.... Robert Forster had his usual table by the window, we had our usual more-champagne-than-juice bevvies. Then we headed to PUMP. Then we headed to Micky's. I really should have stopped with the mimosas, but then there wouldn't be fuel for the upcoming glorious post, tentatively to-be titled "The Seven Hour-Long Sunday Brunch".

Mine is bigger than yours!
Sadly, West Hollywood isn't a magical land where everyone brunches every day wearing fabulous sunglasses and frolicking around without a care. Sure, for some, it is, but physically there's only so much sparkling wine one's liver and pancreas can tolerate.

So yesterday I managed to get back into some semblance of post-birthday normalcy by doing chores, then indulging in a hot power yoga class at Hot 8 Yoga on Wilshire Blvd. I am still ridiculously sore from the awesome direction of instructor Aree Khodai - the cleansing twists, reaches, and ab work pushed the limits for a more effective practice.

And? It was completely F-R-E-E. How? I had signed up online a month or so ago to take one of the studios' $8 community classes (never got around to it) - but a couple of weeks ago I received a promotional email to take a class on the house either five days before or after (or on) my birthday. It was such a great class; I absolutely will be back.

So, even with that not costing me a penny, as mentioned at the outset, I spent way more money than intended - even managing to lose a few big dollar bills sometime during all the joyful noise, womp womp. Whether it ended up in a dancer's briefs or in the gutter, it doesn't matter, but it is definitely impetus to lay low - at least until Super Bowl Sunday rolls around!

What were you up to this weekend? Fill me in with a comment below....

No comments:

Post a Comment